Creamy Bacon & Roasted Pumpkin Pasta

I have been searching for a creamy pasta dish where I don't have to separately pre-cook pasta for those days when I am just that lazy, and also one that I can use my KitchenAid Cook Processor to 'do' the cooking for me.
Having had not much luck in my search, and with cream and pumpkin in the fridge that needed using, I decided less than an hour before dinner time today that I'll just 'create' my own recipe using ingredients that I already have. Hence, here's my One Pot Creamy Pasta 😋.

I love roasted pumpkin, and with my air-fryer, it is a breeze to make - so that was just what I did with the half squash pumpkin I had leftover from Christmas.


One Pot Creamy Bacon & Roasted Pumpkin Pasta

2 cups roasted pumpkin cubes (about half a squash pumpkin)
1 onion (peeled, quartered)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 slices rindless bacon (julienned)
200 ml thickened (pouring) cream
500 ml water
300 gm fusili pasta
1 teaspoon stock powder (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste

To make roasted pumpkin in air-fryer:
  1. Dice pumpkin into 3cm cubes.
  2. Put into a large bowl, sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and mix well.
  3. Put pumpkin cubes into air-fryer basket and roast at 200C for 10 minutes, toss, and roast another approximately 5-8 minutes.
  4. Set aside till required.
To cook pasta in KACP:
  1. Insert Multiblade into main CP bowl. Add onion and garlic. Pulse a couple of times to get a coarse chop. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula. 
  2. Change to StirAssist blade. Add oil, set program Fry P1, measuring cup out, press Start.
  3. Let onions saute for about 4 mins. Then press Pause, add julienned bacon and restart program. Cancel the keep warm feature at the end of program.
  4. Add water and cream to bowl, manually set temp 110C, 4 mins, speed INT to boil.
  5. Then taste sauce and if necessary, add in stock powder (if using) and salt to taste.
  6. Add pasta and black pepper. Scrape sides of bowl to ensure all ingredients are covered with sauce.
  7. Set manually temp 100C, 10 mins, speed INT, measuring cup in.
  8. At the end of cooking time, let pasta stand for about 2 minutes without opening the lid.
  9. Then gently stir in roasted pumpkin pieces with spatula, and serve immediately.