Having had not much luck in my search, and with cream and pumpkin in the fridge that needed using, I decided less than an hour before dinner time today that I'll just 'create' my own recipe using ingredients that I already have. Hence, here's my One Pot Creamy Pasta 😋.
I love roasted pumpkin, and with my air-fryer, it is a breeze to make - so that was just what I did with the half squash pumpkin I had leftover from Christmas.
2 cups roasted pumpkin cubes (about half a squash pumpkin)
One Pot Creamy Bacon & Roasted Pumpkin Pasta
1 onion (peeled, quartered)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 slices rindless bacon (julienned)
200 ml thickened (pouring) cream
500 ml water
300 gm fusili pasta
1 teaspoon stock powder (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
To make roasted pumpkin in air-fryer:
- Dice pumpkin into 3cm cubes.
- Put into a large bowl, sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and mix well.
- Put pumpkin cubes into air-fryer basket and roast at 200C for 10 minutes, toss, and roast another approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Set aside till required.
- Insert Multiblade into main CP bowl. Add onion and garlic. Pulse a couple of times to get a coarse chop. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula.
- Change to StirAssist blade. Add oil, set program Fry P1, measuring cup out, press Start.
- Let onions saute for about 4 mins. Then press Pause, add julienned bacon and restart program. Cancel the keep warm feature at the end of program.
- Add water and cream to bowl, manually set temp 110C, 4 mins, speed INT to boil.
- Then taste sauce and if necessary, add in stock powder (if using) and salt to taste.
- Add pasta and black pepper. Scrape sides of bowl to ensure all ingredients are covered with sauce.
- Set manually temp 100C, 10 mins, speed INT, measuring cup in.
- At the end of cooking time, let pasta stand for about 2 minutes without opening the lid.
- Then gently stir in roasted pumpkin pieces with spatula, and serve immediately.